Submission of Abstracts
Abstract Submission Deadline: 24 June 2019
The Organising Committee would like to invite submission of abstracts for the 8th FIDSSA Congress.
- Oral Presentation (10 min)
- Flash Presentation (5 min)
- Poster Presentation (E-Poster)
Authors are requested to follow the instructions clearly.
Maximum of 250 words in MS Word. Font: Arial 10pt. No graphs or diagrams permitted.
Categories for Submission:
- ICSSA (Infection Control Society of Southern Africa)
- SASCM (South African Society for Clinical Microbiology)
- IDSSA (Infectious Diseases Society of Southern Africa)
- SASTM (South African Society of Travel Medicine)
- STDSSA (Sexually Transmitted Diseases Society of Southern Africa)
- SAASP (South African Antimicrobial Stewardship Programme)
- SASPID (South African Society of Paediatric Infectious Diseases)
Provision has been made for E-poster presentations. Note: All visuals shown must have informed consent. Speakers must declare conflict of interest before starting their presentations.
Kindly divide your abstract according to the following headings:
Introduction, Method, Result & Conclusion
Introduction, Case & Discussion
Abstracts not conforming to this format will be returned.
The award will cover accommodation and registration, for 5 delegates to the congress. Requirements are:
- Submission and acceptance of an original abstract
- Registrars, nurses or scientists presenting research on any topic relating to the 6 FIDSSA Societies are eligible for the awards. Consideration will be given to those with limited funding for FIDSSA Congress attendance. Please indicate on your Abstract Application if you wish to be considered.
Note: The judges’ decision will be final.
- Best Oral Presentation: R 10 000
- Best Flash Presentation: R 7 000
- Best Poster Presentation: R 5 000
Abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee who reserves the right to accept and allocate abstracts for either poster, oral or flash presentation. Presenters will be notified by the 24 July 2019 if their abstract has been accepted. All presenters of accepted abstracts must be registered as congress delegates. Early registration fee will apply.
Abstracts will be published online in The South African Journal of Epidemiology and Infection.
Oral & Flash Presentations
The official language of the congress is English. There will be selected oral presentations. PowerPoint template and guidelines for presentation will be included in the abstract acceptance letter.
Poster Presentations – E-Poster
Accepted posters will be displayed throughout the Congress in the Abstract Café, as well as accessible on the Congress App. Full details for preparation of posters will be included in the abstract acceptance letter.