Submission of Abstracts
Abstract Submission closed Monday, 15 July 2019
The Organising Committee would like to invite submission of abstracts for the 8th FIDSSA Congress.
- Oral Presentation (10 min)
- Flash Presentation (5 min)
- Poster Presentation (E-Poster)
Authors are requested to follow the instructions clearly.
Maximum of 250 words in MS Word. Font: Arial 10pt. No graphs or diagrams permitted.
Categories for Submission:
- ICSSA (Infection Control Society of Southern Africa)
- SASCM (South African Society for Clinical Microbiology)
- IDSSA (Infectious Diseases Society of Southern Africa)
- SASTM (South African Society of Travel Medicine)
- STDSSA (Sexually Transmitted Diseases Society of Southern Africa)
- SAASP (South African Antimicrobial Stewardship Programme)
- SASPID (South African Society of Paediatric Infectious Diseases)
Provision has been made for E-poster presentations. Note: All visuals shown must have informed consent. Speakers must declare conflict of interest before starting their presentations.
Kindly divide your abstract according to the following headings:
Introduction, Method, Result & Conclusion
Introduction, Case & Discussion
Abstracts not conforming to this format will be returned.
Abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee who reserves the right to accept and allocate abstracts for either poster, oral or flash presentation. Presenters will be notified by the 31 July 2019 if their abstract has been accepted. All presenters of accepted abstracts must be registered as Congress delegates. The early registration fee will apply.
Please indicate on your Abstract Application if you wish to be considered for a FIDSSA bursary. A motivation letter as to why you should be considered for this award should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: FIDSSA 2019 Bursary Motivation. Note: Judges’decision is final.
The following criteria will apply:
- Paid-up FIDSSA member (SASTM members are excluded)
- Below 40 years of age
- Must have submitted an abstract that is accepted
- Students, registrars and fellows will be given preference
- High quality abstracts reflecting original research findings will be prioritised for consideration of award of FIDSSA 2019 Bursaries
- Best Oral Presentation: R15 000
- Best Flash Presentation: R10 000
- Best ePoster Presentation: R5 000
- Best mycology abstract: R3 000
Abstracts will be published online in The South African Journal of Epidemiology and Infection.
Oral & Flash Presentations
The official language of the congress is English. There will be selected oral presentations. PowerPoint template and guidelines for presentation will be included in the abstract acceptance letter.
Poster Presentations – E-Poster
Accepted posters will be displayed throughout the Congress in the Abstract Café, as well as accessible on the Congress App. Full details for the preparation of posters will be included in the abstract acceptance letter.